How much are muscular skeletal injuries costing you?
Injuries due to overexertion and repetitive stress impose heavy costs on companies and their employees, including medical expenses, workers compensation premiums, lost time, retraining, rehabilitation, low morale, and more. These costs are pure waste, and every business would eliminate them if they had an effective solution.
- one out of every five serious claims involved back injuries
- Sprains and strains accounted for 42.4% of all serious claims for workers compensation
- Muscular Skeletal Disorders represented 13.7% of all worker compensation claims for work related disease
- The main mechanism for injury was body stressing, which was the main factor in 40% of all the recorded injuries
- The average serious claim involved at least 4 weeks absence from work, and many works could only return to partial duties
The above statistics are staggering, and the reality is that most of these injuries can be mitigated with technology that is readily available in Australia right now. This amazing technology doesn’t cost an arm or a leg either; pun intended.
The Zero G technology now available from Sigma Ergonomics can often reduce injuries to zero for tasks involving use of tools and maneuvering parts. Zero G can also:
• Help injured workers return to work faster
• Reduce or eliminate the need for microbreaks, shifting of employees among tasks, and other inefficient practices
• Allow a wider range of employees (such as older or smaller workers) to perform tasks safely
• Be used to accommodate duty-restricted or disabled workers
Zero G has twice been awarded the Attendees Choice Award at the USA National Ergonomics Conference, given to products that offer the best opportunity to reduce injuries and increase productivity.
An Investment in Safety with True ROI
Surveys of business executives have confirmed that money spent on preventing injuries is money well spent with most applications achieving a return on investment rate of 100% within a 12 month period. The Zero G is a high-performance addition to your most challenging work environments that can positively impact the bottom line. Zero G helps users to achieve or exceed key R.O.I. benchmarks by reducing injuries, increasing productivity and promoting quality.
For more information, or if you have any questions about our range of innovative ergonomics equipment visit our website: www.sigmaergonomics.com
Phone: 02 8005 6064